Sony announced a brand new Android water and dust proof tablet, named as Sony Xperia Z tablet, which is the world's thinnest and lightest tablet. It has sleek and sharp lines which are reminiscent of the classic minimalist design language that helped make Sony’s products so iconic and desirable. The device is complete with an array of impressive specs and running a modified version of Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean operating system.
The tablet has an 8.1 megapixel Exmor R rear facing camera, with 2.2 megapixel front facing camera. At 6.9mm, the Sony Xperia Tablet Z is currently the slimmest tablet around and weighs 495 grams. The device get power from a 6,000 mAh powerful rechargeable battery. For connectivity, the Xperia Tablet Z supports NFC and LTE. It will be available in black and white colour options.
Sony Xperia Tablet Z Features
- Water and dust proof tablet
- 10.1-Inch full-HD touchscreen with 1920 x 1200 pixel screen resolution
- 1.5 GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 32 GB Internal Storage
- MicroSD caed slot
- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean operating system
- 8.1 Megapixel rear camera
- 2.2 Megapixel front-facing camera
- NFC and LTE support
- 6,000 mAh rechargeable battery
Now the company has officially announced the tablet that will go on sale in Japan in spring 2013. Details regarding pricing as well as availability for other markets are currently unknown.